Thursday 10 April 2008

"IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD OF LOVE...


Play on! Give me excess of it!” Seems to be (more or less) the concept behind the video for Esser’s debut single, ‘I Love You'. Perhaps. Maybe if Will had re-jigged the line a bit to the less-good sounding “If love be the taste of food, then throw all you’ve got! Right at me!”

Poor lovelorn Esser. He’s all at sea! He just does not know how to tell the one that he loves how he’s feeling, which you’ve got to admit, is a pretty sorry situation. But not to fret! Because this is one sticky sitch made all the better by making oneself even more, erm, stickier. Quick, someone squirt this man with red sauce! Because y’know, that’s how love feels:



“Oh! It came o’er my ear, like the sweet sound of spaghetti!”

A bittersweet pop nugget, I’m sure you’ll agree. And it's out on Monday folks, on hipper-than-you label, Merok (Klaxons, Crystal Castles, Teenagers) available on limited 7 ” and download. Lovely.


No comments: